Search This Blog

Common Error In English : AT

at

- It was almost midnight when we landed at Jakarta. (X)
- It was almost midnight when we landed in Jakarta. (V)


- At last I can study at Melbourne. (X)
- At last I can study in Melbourne. (V)

--> Gunakan IN (bukan AT) sebelum nama negara, daerah, kota-kota, dan kota-kota besar.


at

- In UK we have a lot of snow at wintertime. (X)
- In UK we have a lot of sbow in wintertime. (V)

-->; Gunakan IN (bukan AT) untuk cuaca, bulan, dan tahun. Contoh : in the summertime, in April, in 1945.


at

- I bought the tape recorder just a week ago, at 5th July. (X)
- I bought the tape recorder just a week ago, on 5th July. (V)


-->; Gunakan ON (bukan AT) sebelum tanggal.


at

- At about one and a half hours later I took the clothes out of the washing machine. (X)
- About one and a half hours later I took the clothes out of the washing machine. (V)

--> Penggunaan "an hour ago", " a week later", "two months afterwards" tanpa AT.



@Common Errors

Related reading :
Mastering Your English Reading


No comments:

Post a Comment